Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About the Gender Critical Support Board
This board has confirmed I am not crazy!!  

I am the parent of a 25 year old natal female who suddenly realized while off pursuing her masters degree in Canada that she is transgender. Never any hint of this prior to her announcement at 23 years old. Being so far away, it was near impossible to question, intercept and/or challenge. Any questioning it from our side ended with her in tears and threatening suicide or claiming we caused her to have a panic attack  

She's now been on T treatments for a little over a year and had top surgery a few months ago.  I suggested family counseling and her response was "Yes, I love therapy!" however, after talking with my therapist, I realized my daughter was expecting an affirmative family therapy. When I told her we probably wouldn't be as affirmative as she is used to and we may have questions/challenges if we did therapy, she thanked us for the consideration and she said she wouldn't enjoy therapy with us, but she still loves us (thankfully she has never hated us or tried to freeze us out). After reading Irreversible Damage by Abigail Shrier, I am so glad to find there is a support group that isn't all about being affirmative! I was starting to think I was crazy for not accepting this based on the statement by her that it is fact. I'm completely okay if she really is trans; however, due to the suddenness of this announcement, I still have a very hard time believing it.
(20-May-2021, 03:01 AM)CCharles96 Wrote: This board has confirmed I am not crazy!!  

I am the parent of a 25 year old natal female who suddenly realized while off pursuing her masters degree in Canada that she is transgender. Never any hint of this prior to her announcement at 23 years old. Being so far away, it was near impossible to question, intercept and/or challenge. Any questioning it from our side ended with her in tears and threatening suicide or claiming we caused her to have a panic attack  

She's now been on T treatments for a little over a year and had top surgery a few months ago.  I suggested family counseling and her response was "Yes, I love therapy!" however, after talking with my therapist, I realized my daughter was expecting an affirmative family therapy. When I told her we probably wouldn't be as affirmative as she is used to and we may have questions/challenges if we did therapy, she thanked us for the consideration and she said she wouldn't enjoy therapy with us, but she still loves us (thankfully she has never hated us or tried to freeze us out). After reading Irreversible Damage by Abigail Shrier, I am so glad to find there is a support group that isn't all about being affirmative! I was starting to think I was crazy for not accepting this based on the statement by her that it is fact. I'm completely okay if she really is trans; however, due to the suddenness of this announcement, I still have a very hard time believing it.

Hello, CCharles96, and a belated welcome to the forum.

Apologies, for some reason I am just now seeing your post. 

I'm so sorry for all you've been through. Please continue posting if you'd like support from like-minded parents. I recommend posting in the members-only area, where your story will be more readily seen by fellow members. Your account was activated some weeks ago, so you have access to the members-only area.

Again, welcome. You are not alone. And no, you are not crazy.
I'm new here My 16 year old son announced last August after spending 5 months isolated in his room on the Internet that he believed he was trans,To say we were shocked is an understatement anyway we struggled to understand where this had come from and after a lengthy talk and a few uncomfortable weeks he said he didn't think he was just felt he was unhappy with himself there is  history of depression and anxiety Anyway another 9 months of isolation and Internet and a recent friend who has come out as gender fluid and he's announced it again but just to me his mother this time I'm struggling so badly with this I just need to talk but everyone I've reached out to is telling me to start calling him she and get referrals for gender reassignment I'm just so lost up until 9 months ago this has never been mentioned or even hinted at he has 2 sisters too and has never showed any interest in any of their interests or past times he is also immature for his age and has mild ADD please someone tell me im not alone
Drowningonmyown,
You are so, so not alone. As soon as our admin activates your account, you will see you have plenty of company. And there are lots of things to read and research. Knowledge helps, if only to reassure you that you are not crazy.
17yo D (gifted, has anxiety) identifying as pansexual (early 2019), genderfluid (Nov 2019), and now nonbinary (since Feb 2020)
If there is anyone even remotely near the Stafford, VA area, please contact me. I am desperate for help and support. My son out of the blue decided he's trans and wants to start making "changes". He has suffered a life of abuse and his father just killed himself not even 2 years ago. I don't believe this is a gender issue, I believe it's a trauma response, but all school and medical field just wants to accept and celebrate this with pride, as if he's taking his first steps as a baby.....but they're ignoring his history. I'm so terrified that all his pain he is using this trans stuff to hide behind, will be completely buried as he replaces the young man inside of him with a young woman. I think he has deep self hatred, and that is why he's doing this. If I'm not careful, the only help he'll ever get will be in feminizing himself because the entire world doesn't want to help him, they just want to use him to push their agenda [phone number redacted]
[quote pid='48587' dateline='1623824243']
If there is anyone even remotely near the Stafford, VA area, please contact me.  I am desperate for help and support.  My son out of the blue decided he's trans and wants to start making "changes".  He has suffered a life of abuse and his father just killed himself not even 2 years ago.  I don't believe this is a gender issue, I believe it's a trauma response, but all school and medical field just wants to accept and celebrate this with pride, as if he's taking his first steps as a baby.....but they're ignoring his history.  I'm so terrified that all his pain he is using this trans stuff to hide behind, will be completely buried as he replaces the young man inside of him with a young woman.  I think he has deep self hatred, and that is why he's doing this.  If I'm not careful, the only help he'll ever get will be in feminizing himself because the entire world doesn't want to help him, they just want to use him to push their agenda  [phone number redacted]
[/quote]

Hello, guest. 

I have removed your phone number from your post. Rather than post your phone number online, I encourage you to join the forum so that you and fellow members can send one another private messages. This will guard your privacy as well as prevent trans extremists from contacting you to tell you what a horrible person you are for wanting your child to have his comorbidities examined and dealt with before affirming him as the opposite sex. It sounds crazy, but yes, so many people think it is abusive not to meet a young person's declaration of transgender with anything other than 100% affirmation. Becoming a member also gives you access to the members-only area, which has many more discussion posts than this public area of the forum.

To become a member, simply click on "join" in the black bar toward the top and follow the prompts. After you finish the joining process (which is not long or complicated), moderators must then manually activate your account. This can take anywhere from an hour to a day, depending upon moderator availability. 

I'm sorry about the incredibly difficult situation you are in and all that has happened in your family. You'll find plenty support from of likeminded parents in the members-only area.

You are not alone.

(15-Jun-2021, 05:21 PM)Drowningonmyown Wrote: I'm new here My 16 year old son announced last August after spending 5 months isolated in his room on the Internet that he believed he was trans,To say we were shocked is an understatement anyway we struggled to understand where this had come from and after a lengthy talk and a few uncomfortable weeks he said he didn't think he was just felt he was unhappy with himself there is  history of depression and anxiety Anyway another 9 months of isolation and Internet and a recent friend who has come out as gender fluid and he's announced it again but just to me his mother this time I'm struggling so badly with this I just need to talk but everyone I've reached out to is telling me to start calling him she and get referrals for gender reassignment I'm just so lost up until 9 months ago this has never been mentioned or even hinted at he has 2 sisters too and has never showed any interest in any of their interests or past times he is also immature for his age and has mild ADD please someone tell me im not alone

Your account has been activated. I'm sorry for what you are dealing with and I hope you find the board helpful.

You are not alone.
Has anyone had a favorable outcome by refusing to accept a transition. My daughter 16 has the same story as I have read so many on here. It’s all so confusing understanding why outside influencers have been able to indoctrinate her so quickly. Is there anyway to combat her beliefs and self diagnoses of being a trans boy, and now non binary?
(29-Jun-2021, 07:14 PM)Praying Wrote: Has anyone had a favorable outcome by refusing to accept a transition. My daughter 16 has the same story as I have read so many on here. It’s all so confusing understanding why outside influencers have been able to indoctrinate her so quickly. Is there anyway to combat her beliefs and self diagnoses of being a trans boy, and now non binary?

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Your account has been activated.

I invite you to post this query in the members-only area, where it will be seen by more members. This public area of the forum doesn't get too much traffic from members. 

Again, welcome. I hope you'll find the forum helpful.
Hi-
I found out that my son age 19, has been taking estrogen for 3 months to transition.  He has a history of depression, anxiety, add, etc. He has never shown any signs of being a transgender.  We sent him off to college and in his sophomore year decided to change his pronoun and cross dress. The only way I found out about this is by prying, I basically forced it out him, mother’s intuition. Now we are a crossroad. we live in NY and I can’t find a therapist that is non-affirming. Any suggestions.  I am desperate!
(08-Aug-2021, 12:34 AM)Rosethorns Wrote: Hi-
I found out that my son age 19, has been taking estrogen for 3 months to transition.  He has a history of depression, anxiety, add, etc. He has never shown any signs of being a transgender.  We sent him off to college and in his sophomore year decided to change his pronoun and cross dress. The only way I found out about this is by prying, I basically forced it out him, mother’s intuition. Now we are a crossroad. we live in NY and I can’t find a therapist that is non-affirming. Any suggestions.  I am desperate!

I'm so sorry, Rosethorns.

It's just nuts how "adult" teens can get hormone prescriptions on nothing but their say-so" No therapy, no mental health testing, no nothing.

I invite you to join the board as a member rather than a guest, so you'll have access to the members-only area, where your questions are more likely to get answered. 

Click on "join" in the black bar across the top and follow the prompts. It may take  several hours for your membership to be manually activated. I think you'll find the members-only area helpful. 

Best wishes.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.