Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
finding reliable medical practitioners
Can anyone recommend a therapist in the Denver area for 13 year old gender questioning daughter? Thanks ahead of time.
[quote pid='53873' dateline='1643719952']
Looking for a therapist in London, UK and surroundings. If possible, please provide references.
[/quote]

Guest, if you will join the board as a member, I have a name to send you in a private message. Only members can send and receive private messages. Please consider joining.
Looking for a therapist in North Carolina for 15 yo girl. I am very suspicious of her "coming out" as a boy. She is in an inpatient facility currently for anxiety and depression (didn't want to go to school and made threats). She got a trans roommate and now she's a boy. She definitely needs professional help but not from people who will make this worse. Please, if anyone knows a place in NC, VA, SC or thereabouts I would be greatful.
Looking for therapist in CT?
(12-Jun-2018, 02:55 AM)Willfred Wrote: Hello,

I am looking for a therapist on Long Island for my 19 year old daughter who announced a year ago she was transgender.

I had bad experiences with her college therapist in Massachusetts because she was referred to the Fenway Clinic and they wanted to immediately start hormones. They also convinced her she wasn't trans enough and she insisted after meeting with them she needed to be moved to a boys dorm floor.  I had to pay an extra $2000 to provide a private room with a private shower.  Fenway told her to use the boys showers. UGH. 

She is home now from college and still speaking about hormones.  KM is a recent ROGD.  She has a history of anxiety, cutting, depression, dyslexia, low self esteem from learning disabilities, poor reaction to SSRI's, hospitalizations, bullying, hypothyroid, PCOS.    I was given 2 names. Shervin Shadianloo MD and Richard Pleak, MD.  I saw one comment on Dr. Pleak from a woman who stated felt pressured into hormones and surgery by Dr. Pleak and his staff and now regrets it.  I'm not sure about Dr. Shadianloo.  I saw that he wrote sections of textbooks about trans gender issues and he may be too gender affirming but I'm not completely sure of his opinions.  He did not have any reviews on any boards that I saw.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

(01-Apr-2022, 01:58 AM)ConcernedParent20I also have a 20 year old daughter who was referred to Fenway Clinic in Boston who is still in Boston.I am looking for both a therapist and doctor in Boston that can properly advise my daughter regarding the risks of medical transition and treat her perceived gender dsyphoria without resorting to testosterone. Much thanks. Wrote:
(12-Jun-2018, 02:55 AM)Willfred Wrote: Hello,

I am looking for a therapist on Long Island for my 19 year old daughter who announced a year ago she was transgender.

I had bad experiences with her college therapist in Massachusetts because she was referred to the Fenway Clinic and they wanted to immediately start hormones. They also convinced her she wasn't trans enough and she insisted after meeting with them she needed to be moved to a boys dorm floor.  I had to pay an extra $2000 to provide a private room with a private shower.  Fenway told her to use the boys showers. UGH. 

She is home now from college and still speaking about hormones.  KM is a recent ROGD.  She has a history of anxiety, cutting, depression, dyslexia, low self esteem from learning disabilities, poor reaction to SSRI's, hospitalizations, bullying, hypothyroid, PCOS.    I was given 2 names. Shervin Shadianloo MD and Richard Pleak, MD.  I saw one comment on Dr. Pleak from a woman who stated felt pressured into hormones and surgery by Dr. Pleak and his staff and now regrets it.  I'm not sure about Dr. Shadianloo.  I saw that he wrote sections of textbooks about trans gender issues and he may be too gender affirming but I'm not completely sure of his opinions.  He did not have any reviews on any boards that I saw.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.
Can anyone recommend a therapist in the Chicago-land area for my 14 year old daughter that has anxiety and ROGD?  Thank you!!
Looking for therapist in Florida. Video sessions is okay. For my 17 year old who would like to explore concerns about her gender
hello - does anyone have any recommendations for non-affirming therapists in San Diego for my 13 year old daughter who has come out as a trangender male?  She is seeing a therapist now but his approach is to affirm the gender while they work through "why" she feels that way.  I feel she needs someone that helps her understand that confusing feelings are normal and helps her learn to be comfortable with herself.
Seeking gender critical therapist- or at least someone who specializes in CBT in Connecticut or NYC.  

Sincerely, 
Liberal Mom of ROGD FTM from the land of overly-woke theorists.
I am looking for a gender critical therapist (or at least someone who doesn’t just affirm the delusion) in the Seattle area. Any leads?

(29-Apr-2021, 06:31 AM)ptbp Wrote: Hi, I just joined. I am looking for a Therapist in Seattle or surrounding area. My daughter spent all last year very lonely, depressed, sad... We’ve had a lot of trauma last year/deaths,cancer...Now she is says she feels more like a boy than girl. I’d like to find someone who can help her with this struggle.
Hi, I am also in Seattle. My 13 year old daughter has had a rough couple of years (hard periods, lonely, depressed, anxiety). She started with they/them pronouns (which we have dutifully tried) but now thinks she might be a fem boy (she is not boyish at all). She has been seeing an online therapist who seems quite useless and my husband and I now realize has probably been affirming the he/him thing. Any leads on a good therapist in Seattle would be greatly appreciated. It is nice to know there is another parent in Seattle who gets how scary and serious this whole thing is.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.