Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
finding reliable medical practitioners
(13-Jun-2022, 11:57 AM)Turmoil Wrote: Need advice on psychologist psychiatrist and therapist in Florida.  I am in desperate mode as my son went online for HRT from planned parenthood with no counseling no medical history no physical and baseline blood work done. He is 23 with ASD Aspergers no friends in RL and was coerced into believes he is trans from online chat groups. Lots more to his background. Please help!!

Hello, Turmoil.

Welcome to the forum. Your account has been activated.

Now that your membership has been activated, I encourage you to post your question in the members-only area, since members don't frequent this public area too often. Nonaffimring clinicians can be difficult to find, but hopefully a fellow parent on the board will have someone to recommend. 

If you end up having to find clinicians on your own, there is advice for going about this in some of the members-only threads, and also there is some helpful guidance here: https://genderexploratory.com/browse/

Another suggestion is to join Parents of ROGDKids. This organization puts you in touch with other parents in your area, and those parents may have someone to recommend. PROGDK also has an online community where screened parents can discuss issues relating specifically to adult sons. You will find a LOT of other parents in your same situation and a LOT of support. To join, go to the link below and click on the red bar at the top to join and fill out the questionnaire. All members are vetted by a couple of volunteers, so please be patient, as the vetting process can take several weeks.
https://www.parentsofrogdkids.com/

I'm sorry you are dealing with this, but glad you found the board. I hope you find it helpful.

Best wishes.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
finding reliable medical practitioners - by tamara - 29-Mar-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by DenverDad - 02-Jul-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by 1worryG - 10-Aug-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Aug-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Dec-2018, 06:42 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 19-Apr-2019, 03:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Feb-2019, 12:39 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 12-Feb-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by ABhopeful - 14-Feb-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Mar-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Oct-2021, 06:30 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 01-Feb-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Jun-2022, 04:47 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Marge Bouvier Simpson - 14-Jun-2022, 01:14 AM