Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
finding reliable medical practitioners
(12-Jun-2018, 02:55 AM)Willfred Wrote: Hello,

I am looking for a therapist on Long Island for my 19 year old daughter who announced a year ago she was transgender.

I had bad experiences with her college therapist in Massachusetts because she was referred to the Fenway Clinic and they wanted to immediately start hormones. They also convinced her she wasn't trans enough and she insisted after meeting with them she needed to be moved to a boys dorm floor.  I had to pay an extra $2000 to provide a private room with a private shower.  Fenway told her to use the boys showers. UGH. 

She is home now from college and still speaking about hormones.  KM is a recent ROGD.  She has a history of anxiety, cutting, depression, dyslexia, low self esteem from learning disabilities, poor reaction to SSRI's, hospitalizations, bullying, hypothyroid, PCOS.    I was given 2 names. Shervin Shadianloo MD and Richard Pleak, MD.  I saw one comment on Dr. Pleak from a woman who stated felt pressured into hormones and surgery by Dr. Pleak and his staff and now regrets it.  I'm not sure about Dr. Shadianloo.  I saw that he wrote sections of textbooks about trans gender issues and he may be too gender affirming but I'm not completely sure of his opinions.  He did not have any reviews on any boards that I saw.

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you.

I'm not sure if I am replying in the appropriate space, but I will give this a try. Thank you for the advice about whom not to use in Massachusetts. Does anyone know of a good therapist in the Boston area who treats these teens and young adults with a wider lens to focus more on the wider issues, like depression? I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

I'm not sure if I am replying in the appropriate space, but I will give this a try. Thank you for the advice about whom not to use in Massachusetts. Does anyone know of a good therapist in the Boston area who treats these teens and young adults with a wider lens to focus more on the wider issues, like depression? I would appreciate any recommendations. Thank you.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
finding reliable medical practitioners - by tamara - 29-Mar-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by DenverDad - 02-Jul-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: finding medical practitioners LONG ISLAND - by VVLopez - 03-Jun-2022, 07:34 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by 1worryG - 10-Aug-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Aug-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Dec-2018, 06:42 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 19-Apr-2019, 03:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Feb-2019, 12:39 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 12-Feb-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by ABhopeful - 14-Feb-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Mar-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Oct-2021, 06:30 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 01-Feb-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Jun-2022, 04:47 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 01-Sep-2022, 04:18 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 18-Sep-2022, 11:41 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Rae - 05-Nov-2022, 03:01 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 16-Aug-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 25-Feb-2024, 11:54 PM