Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
finding reliable medical practitioners
Hello everyone!
I am new here and I am not sure if I a posting my question in the right place.
I am looking for a good therapist that can help my daughter in Florida. I am devastated.
I appreciate your input.
Cordially

(03-Apr-2018, 01:55 AM)chebj064 Wrote: I have a 17 years old daughter who is determined to start hormone treatment once she's in college, and will try to have surgery asap. She changed her name to a boy's name when she was 14 years old, and I didn't realize how serious the problem was back then. Now I'm so worried, and I'm looking for a therapist in Washington DC area (including Maryland and Virgina),  who can help me convince her to wait until later in her life to make such decisions.
I am in the same situation, my daughter never expressed she was trans until I approached her two months ago. All of a sudden she wants hormones. She is almost 21. I just found by a friend she is called another name at work and society. This is devastating and the lack of support is horrible.

(29-Mar-2018, 08:10 PM)tamara Wrote: MODERATOR EDIT: If you are seeking therapist recommendations, please join this forum as a member; once your membership is activated, please post your request in our members-only forum. Once you have joined the forum, you will be able to send and receive private messages (PMs) from fellow members -- and this is the preferred method of exchanging therapist information. Due to privacy considerations, we are no longer posting therapist names on the forum.

To join the board, click on "join" in the black bar at the top of the page and follow the prompts. Please know that before new members can access the members-only forums, all memberships must be manually activated by a moderator, and this can take anywhere from an hour to a day. Your patience is necessary and appreciated. Thank you.

Now back to Tamara's post:

I have a fourteen-year old who started to have sudden onset gender dysphoria at age thirteen along with identifying from that time as a trans guy. My teen has a set of other issues as well, particularly anxiety attacks and depression. I would like to find a psychiatrist in the Denver metro area who could work with these other issues and consider whether to recommend antidepressants. A psychologist or analyst who would be committed to discussing possible non-medical ways of dealing with the dysphoria, depression, and anxiety would also be helpful. I am very concerned about what I have heard about hormones and surgeries being recommended to teens, and would like to avoid health care practitioners who would steer my teen in that direction. Does anybody know of reliable psychiatrists or other health care practitioners in the Denver metro area? On a broader note, what experiences have you all had with helping a trans identified teen with anxiety, depression, and gender dysphoria, and have you found medical practitioners who were committed to examining other avenues than referrals to clinics for hormones and surgeries?  
Hello everyone!
I am new here and I am not sure if I a posting my question in the right place.
I am looking for a good therapist that can help my daughter in Florida. I am devastated.
I appreciate your input.
Cordially

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
finding reliable medical practitioners - by tamara - 29-Mar-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by DenverDad - 02-Jul-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by 1worryG - 10-Aug-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Aug-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Dec-2018, 06:42 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 19-Apr-2019, 03:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Feb-2019, 12:39 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 12-Feb-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by ABhopeful - 14-Feb-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Mar-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by barvanis - 05-Jul-2021, 12:22 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Oct-2021, 06:30 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 01-Feb-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Jun-2022, 04:47 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 01-Sep-2022, 04:18 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 18-Sep-2022, 11:41 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Rae - 05-Nov-2022, 03:01 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 16-Aug-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 25-Feb-2024, 11:54 PM