Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
finding reliable medical practitioners
(29-Mar-2018, 08:10 PM)tamara Wrote: I have a fourteen-year old who started to have sudden onset gender dysphoria at age thirteen along with identifying from that time as a trans guy. My teen has a set of other issues as well, particularly anxiety attacks and depression. I would like to find a psychiatrist in the Denver metro area who could work with these other issues and consider whether to recommend antidepressants. A psychologist or analyst who would be committed to discussing possible non-medical ways of dealing with the dysphoria, depression, and anxiety would also be helpful. I am very concerned about what I have heard about hormones and surgeries being recommended to teens, and would like to avoid health care practitioners who would steer my teen in that direction. Does anybody know of reliable psychiatrists or other health care practitioners in the Denver metro area? On a broader note, what experiences have you all had with helping a trans identified teen with anxiety, depression, and gender dysphoria, and have you found medical practitioners who were committed to examining other avenues than referrals to clinics for hormones and surgeries?  
Tamara,
I am also looking for providers in the Denver area. My 16 year old daughter, who suffers from anxiety and depression, also just told us she is trans.  I am happy to share my research with you. Have you had any luck finding help?
MothersLove

I am also looking for providers in the Denver area. I am happy to share my research with others in Denver looking for therapists as well.

My 16 year old daughter just told us she is trans, she also suffers from depression, anxiety and is completely addicted to the internet. I feel like she is a very classic case of ROGD and I am very nervous about finding the right support for her.

I am also interested in learning more about attachment parenting. I feel like she turned to the internet in 2015 when my husband and I were going through a very rough time in our marriage, I feel like she drifted away when we were guilty of being emotionally unavailable during a very pivotal time in her life. We need guidance in trying to reconnect with her.
Heart

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
finding reliable medical practitioners - by tamara - 29-Mar-2018, 08:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by DenverDad - 02-Jul-2018, 03:52 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by 1worryG - 10-Aug-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Aug-2018, 02:24 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Dec-2018, 06:42 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 19-Apr-2019, 03:10 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Feb-2019, 12:39 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 12-Feb-2019, 10:13 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by MothersLove - 20-Oct-2019, 07:05 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by ABhopeful - 14-Feb-2021, 03:12 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 04-Mar-2021, 10:02 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 26-Oct-2021, 06:30 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 01-Feb-2022, 12:52 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 07-Jun-2022, 04:47 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 01-Sep-2022, 04:18 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 18-Sep-2022, 11:41 PM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Rae - 05-Nov-2022, 03:01 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 16-Aug-2023, 02:42 AM
RE: finding reliable medical practitioners - by Guest - 25-Feb-2024, 11:54 PM