Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Our Discussion Topics
(29-Nov-2019, 02:29 PM)justkym Wrote: My daughter is 22.  She came out as trans two years ago, and instead of fighting for her like I should have, I helped her move to another state because I couldn't stand having her around anymore.  Of course, only I knew why I was sending her away; everyone else, including her, thought I was helping her better her career.  Over the past two years, we have fought, gone to therapy together, and had some good times.  However, I just don't believe this is really who she is.  She went from being a beautiful, vibrant, ambitious young woman to being an ugly, overweight, withdrawn nondescript person.  I find myself repulsed by this person who stole my daughter, and then I am repulsed by myself for hating her.  I am at a total loss and don't know what to do.  Should I stop visiting because it makes me so miserable? Should I visit more often and continue to hammer at this bent nail?  Or should I just accept the situation as irreparable and try to move on? I just don't know how to overcome this feeling of loathing I have for both my daughter and myself.
Hi justkym. Welcome. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Please don't be too hard on yourself -- parents are in a no-win situation, especially with the rest of society cheering this on. We feel like we are crazy when we are the only ones who do NOT want to cheerlead such destructive behavior and dangerous medical treatment, but then we are pressured with false suicide statistics and woke, feel-good rhetoric to cave in and affirm, which is also torturous. Your account has been activated. I can move your post to the members-only area of you like. Our members are more likely to see your post there, and moving it will also take it out of the public's view. Just let me know.
New member here, so glad I have found this forum!

Our son came out to us as trans 2 years as (at 19) and has now now made his appointment with planned parenthood in January to start HRT. This is all getting a bit too real & we are worried sick. Reading on here and on 4thWavenow (that website has been amazing) I now realise that this trans movement is all akin to a cult and everything he says is identical to everything I’ve read on Reddit/Tumblr etc.

He’s an adult and legally there’s nothing we can do to stop this but it’s heartbreaking to watch someone with mental health issues (BDP/depression/unresolved childhood trauma) focus on this as a miracle cure for all his issues.
(30-Nov-2019, 09:08 PM)Worriedmammy Wrote: New member here, so glad I have found this forum!

Our son came out to us as trans 2 years as (at 19) and has now now made his appointment with planned parenthood in January to start HRT. This is all getting a bit too real & we are worried sick. Reading on here and on 4thWavenow (that website has been amazing) I now realise that this trans movement is all akin to a cult and everything he says is identical to everything I’ve read on Reddit/Tumblr etc.

He’s an adult and legally there’s nothing we can do to stop this but it’s heartbreaking to watch someone with mental health issues (BDP/depression/unresolved childhood trauma) focus on this as a miracle cure for all his issues.
Hello, Worriedmammy. 

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's upcoming appointment. You are absolutely correct, because he is an adult and because the movement has such a stronghold on society at the moment, there is really not anything parents can do. It is especially heartbreaking when young people who are so vulnerable due to mental health issues and trauma see transitioning as the solution to their problems, like you say, a cure-all. This is how transitioning is presented to our vulnerable kids and they believe it, while those of us who are older and wiser and/or perhaps do not have the mental health or autism spectrum issues see red flags going up all over the place.

It's simply criminal IMHO and I'm so sorry you're having to deal with it. You'll find lots of support and like-minded parents here. Welcome. You are not alone.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.