Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
From the Members
Thanks, Jdmum, for welcoming LostNotCalm.

LostNotCalm, your account has been activated. As Jdmum did, I also encourage you to post your story in the members-only area, as most members don't visit this part of the site too often. I'm sorry to hear about all you and your daughter are dealing with. Jdmum is right, there are loads of us with similar stories. You are not alone.

I hope you'll find the site helpful.
(28-Nov-2017, 01:08 AM)southofgravity Wrote: Feel guilty for hoping this board was updating like a ticker tape.  Thousands and thousands of threads - too many to count - but still happy to read I'm not alone.

Admittedly, after I didn't sleep for a month prying - taking over transportation duties to remove influences - installing keyboard capture software - searching texts every night at 3am - I just went into a funk - a bit of a depression.  Found online the "dismal tide" was high, and there weren't any obvious voices.  Was I wrong?

Sure, it sounds crazy that 90% of the voices are screaming at those of us defining gender as evil.  Telling us we are outdated, yet telling our kids if they don't conform to the very gender norms we are hated for observing, then most likely their "identity is broken" - so they need to hate themselves and their body and mutilate it and take chemicals ASAP.  Why doesn't that sound like insanity anymore??

Seriously, why has HATE become disguised as "acceptance" - and how can we stop it?  How did a 19 year old introvert get convinced overnight that "accepting" herself for what she is - has only one alternative "death" - which apparently is the equivalent of a parent's ignorance and lack of understanding.  Yet, when I explain to her in clear, concise terms I love her "exactly" the way she is and she should celebrate her differences - I'm suddenly categorized - as she has been TAUGHT by this movement all of what is the equivalent of the "apologist tricks" of the un-accepting parent.  There is not a single 'logical', 'factual' argument that can be made...and yes...I found the videos on YouTube she 'started' with...and they are equally confused teens...'teaching' others [not out of hate, but simply out of a need for comradery] exactly what to say...what every parental response means...and very subtle in their revelation that "suicide" is a powerful tool.

...one day I spoke aloud about it to a single friend.  It wasn't easy.  His eyes got moist and he got antsy.  I thought he'd confided in my all his son's issues, but suddenly he felt relieved to tell me about a "3 months of shear Hell" where his introverted, socially awkward son - found the SAME influence very suddenly and quickly and it moved fast - but they got him here and there and moved quickly.  My friend calls the stress of it like "sitting with your back to something horrible, hoping it will disappear back into the darkness and not kill you" and I completely understand.   I also learned during that conversation it's a "dismal tide", parents afraid, scared to get kids in the 'wrong' counseling situation, in the wrong group, so afraid of tripping into the wrong influence...THARN.

What is happening.  It's a question and a statement.
What is happening and when will it end?  I suspect when detransitioners begin to hire lawyers to sue the therapists that encouraged them  is when we will see a 360 turnabout.  The therapists that saw the kids as dollar signs will then change their minds.  Sounds terrible but I think that it just might happen
JK Rowling today on Trans issues: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...ebate.html
My 15 year old daughter just told me she is trans. It's all I can think about now. I wish she would have come to me sooner. She knows all the jargon and sounds like she's really been researching into it and is even already saying she wants to be accepted by her family but if they don't accept her she just won't them any more. This sucks.
(21-Dec-2020, 03:50 PM)Iwantmysweetgirlback Wrote: My 15 year old daughter just told me she is trans.  It's all I can think about now.  I wish she would have come to me sooner.  She knows all the jargon and sounds like she's really been researching into it and is even already saying she wants to be accepted by her family but if they don't accept her she just won't them any more.  This sucks.
Once your account has been activated you will be able to access the forum & other parents going through the same.  I’m sure Admin will authorise soon.
Son 21, Asd, gifted, UK, estranged
(21-Dec-2020, 06:23 PM)Jdmum Wrote:
(21-Dec-2020, 03:50 PM)Iwantmysweetgirlback Wrote: My 15 year old daughter just told me she is trans.  It's all I can think about now.  I wish she would have come to me sooner.  She knows all the jargon and sounds like she's really been researching into it and is even already saying she wants to be accepted by her family but if they don't accept her she just won't them any more.  This sucks.
Once your account has been activated you will be able to access the forum & other parents going through the same.  I’m sure Admin will authorise soon.

Thanks so much for responding to our newest member, Jdmum.

Iwantmysweetgirlback, your account has been activated. You now have access to the members-only area. You'll find lots of support and advice in the members-only area. You are not alone.
(21-Dec-2020, 07:53 PM)Marge Bouvier Simpson Wrote:
(21-Dec-2020, 06:23 PM)Jdmum Wrote:

Thanks so much for responding to our newest member, Jdmum.

Iwantmysweetgirlback, your account has been activated. You now have access to the members-only area. You'll find lots of support and advice in the members-only area. You are not alone.
No problem Marge.  If I’m on & see new members I’d rather say hi & your account will be activated than them think they have nobody to talk to & no help x
Son 21, Asd, gifted, UK, estranged
Hi.  I have a 15 year old daughter who, out of the blue, announced that she is “ pansexual” and “gender fluid”.  We live in a very conservative, religious community.  I don’t even know where she would have heard of this...however, with Covid she has been on the internet more.  What I thought were harmless groups of “theatre kids” reading scrips together, seems instead to be placed where kids encourage each other to question....well, everything about themselves to the point of maybe a social contagion sort-of thing.  This is frightening and mind-blowing to us.
(12-Jan-2021, 06:18 PM)Twinmom Wrote: Hi.  I have a 15 year old daughter who, out of the blue, announced that she is “ pansexual” and “gender fluid”.  We live in a very conservative, religious community.  I don’t even know where she would have heard of this...however, with Covid she has been on the internet more.  What I thought were harmless groups of “theatre kids” reading scrips together, seems instead to be placed where kids encourage each other to question....well, everything about themselves to the point of maybe a social contagion sort-of thing.  This is frightening and mind-blowing to us.

Hi, Twinmom. Your account has been activated so you now have access to the members-only area. I hope you'll find the forum helpful.
(27-Jan-2021, 09:30 AM)justamom77 Wrote: Also just waiting to be activated. I recently learned via social media that my beautiful daughter is now presenting as a man. I asked her about it and found out she has been taking hormones without my knowledge. It has been devastating and until her friends started transitioning, she was not dysphoric at all.

Hi justamom77 and thanks for your patience. Your account has now been activated.

I am so sorry to hear about what is happening with your daughter. What a shock to learn through social media. I am so sorry.

Welcome to the forum. You are not alone.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.