Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
From the Members
Hi everyone. I’m so glad I found this forum. I’m here just to discuss gender critical things away from other social media platforms. I have a small child and am interested in speaking to parents with small children.
Hello, Teacher1992. Your membership has been activated. Welcome to the forum.
Undecided Hello. I am so grateful to have found this site for support.
 To begin, my daughter is 24 years old and I have thought for some time that she might be gay. I have always told her she can talk to me about anything. I love her unconditionally and nothing will ever change that. She has never opened up to me, but I have always wanted her to know she could tell me anything. My husband, her dad, died two years ago and we have had a rough two years.

Recently she did tell me that she has never thought of herself as female. I am so ignorant of all of this, but I want to be there for her no matter what. Last Sunday she said when she looks in a mirror, she wants to throw up at what she sees. I am so terrified for her and feel totally unsure of how to help her. I suggested she might talk to a therapist in this field who could help her make whatever decisions she needs to make,  but she said she didn't want to talk to a stranger. I wonder if maybe I should see a therapist in this field who could help me become better equipped to help her. I just don't know. 

Please if anyone has suggestions for me, I would appreciate them. I also feel an unbearable sadness as if my child is disappearing.  Is this normal?.
 I have registered here so hopefully someone can teach me how to navigate this forum .

THANK YOU
(21-Jul-2019, 12:18 AM)Proud Mother Wrote: Undecided Hello. I am so grateful to have found this site for support.
 To begin, my daughter is 24 years old and I have thought for some time that she might be gay. I have always told her she can talk to me about anything. I love her unconditionally and nothing will ever change that. She has never opened up to me, but I have always wanted her to know she could tell me anything. My husband, her dad, died two years ago and we have had a rough two years.

Recently she did tell me that she has never thought of herself as female. I am so ignorant of all of this, but I want to be there for her no matter what. Last Sunday she said when she looks in a mirror, she wants to throw up at what she sees. I am so terrified for her and feel totally unsure of how to help her. I suggested she might talk to a therapist in this field who could help her make whatever decisions she needs to make,  but she said she didn't want to talk to a stranger. I wonder if maybe I should see a therapist in this field who could help me become better equipped to help her. I just don't know. 

Please if anyone has suggestions for me, I would appreciate them. I also feel an unbearable sadness as if my child is disappearing.  Is this normal?.
 I have registered here so hopefully someone can teach me how to navigate this forum .

THANK YOU

Hello ProudMother, and welcome to the forum. Your account has been activated.

Rest assured your feelings are normal. It is incredibly difficult to think about or experience our children, in a sense, disappearing and turning into someone new. 

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's feelings when she looks in the mirror. I think her feelings are probably very normal, as well. There is a lot of misogyny and hatred of lesbians, both blatant and subtle, out in the world. It seems it is a common occurrence these days for lesbian young women to "throw in the towel" so to speak and claim a male identity, perhaps thinking life wouldn't be so difficult if they were male. It certainly sounds as though therapy could be beneficial for your daughter, but I hope she will choose or allow you to help her choose a therapist who will slowly help her get to the bottom of these feelings she is having rather than rush her into believing she must change her body to appear male. Although, if she is an independent adult, your input may not be possible. 

It seems unbelievable that therapists would not take the slow, cautious route with patients before recommending medical transition, but crazily enough, fast-tracking transition is standard these days. It is very important that these types of therapists are avoided, but unfortunately they are the norm rather than the exception.

Now that your account is activated, I hope you'll continue this discussion in the members-only area, where you'll have a bit more privacy to discuss this, and also where your post is likely to get more responses. Our members can also help you with some advice on finding a therapist for your daughter, as well as ways you may be able to help her yourself.

Welcome, and best wishes.
Hi I am a mom of a 12 year old girl who I have discovered says she is gender Fluid. This is an issue that has come up after many different incidents. We discovered on the 4th of July that she had created an IG account that I was unaware of and had been messaging a much older man (investigation pending) involving sexual content. When digging deeper discovered she has connected with a group of people who are into Little Space (role play, acting like a child ie baby) under the guise of Age regression therapy. All involved are part of this idea of being gender fluid/trans/etc...It has been a huge struggle she is not the same person she once was and I whole heatedly believe that all these outside influences are what is driving this idea in her. I have cut off all social media however I might have missed some because she is finding ways to read inappropriate stories and messaging people. Now one friend I thought I knew is also into this and I'm not sure if I should cut her off as well. I feel so lost and just do not know how to deal with all of this. She is also seeing a therapist as part of the Witness Compensation Fund due to the sexting with older man. If any of you are familiar with the Little Space trend please help.

Still awaiting my account to be activated, but looking forward to discuss these topics with other members.
Hi Rbad, welcome. Sorry to hear about your troubles. The messaging/sexting with older men is especially worrisome. Your account is now activated. I hope you'll find the forum useful and helpful.
Warm welcome to you HGKsMom,
I’m so glad you’ve found us and that you are here, among friends. I’m so sorry for you situation. Your daughter is so lucky to have you as a mum. My own daughter was sucked into this quicksand of madness around the same age as your girl. If I can be of any help at all, feel free to PM me at anytime. I’m here for you.
There is so much combined wisdom and experience here on this forum. You have friends. You are not alone. Your perspective is valid.
Welcome
~love
Kassandra
Canada - Mum, D 18 Lesbian to bisexual/non-binary (now thinks non binary is a subgroup or trans)
Hi HGKsmom,

Your account has been activated, so now you should have access to download the letter and participate in the members-only forums. Please post back if you have trouble doing so.
Hi MustBeTaco,

Your account was activated (or so I thought) this morning, but just now when I logged in I saw that it was still awaiting activation. Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience. It is activated now.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm very sorry to hear about what's going on with your daughter and hope you'll find some helpful advice in the members-only area. Just let me know if you'd like me to move your post above to the members-only area rather than leave it here in the public area.
(09-Nov-2019, 10:54 PM)Marge Bouvier Simpson Wrote: Hi MustBeTaco,

Your account was activated (or so I thought) this morning, but just now when I logged in I saw that it was still awaiting activation. Sorry for the wait, and thanks for your patience. It is activated now.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm very sorry to hear about what's going on with your daughter and hope you'll find some helpful advice in the members-only area. Just let me know if you'd like me to move your post above to the members-only area rather than leave it here in the public area.

Thank you so much.

If my post could be moved to the members only area that would be great. Thank you.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.