Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
From the Members
I am just a mum. I live in Canada and my daughter is a young 13. Our story is chillingly typical and similar to countless other mum's and kids on this forum.

I, like so many others here, am but a brittle tree standing in the path of a cultural Tsunami. By standing together, we are stronger, more flexible and tenacious. There have been other points in human history when popular culture took a sinister turn. We are the individuals who's children and loved one's have fallen victim to the current societal transfiction.

We share our stories, our pain, insights and resources. I find comfort, motivation and good ideas here, and I hope you do too. We are a "safe house" in hostile territory.

"In a time of universal deceit, telling the Truth is a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

Welcome Comrades
Canada - Mum, D 18 Lesbian to bisexual/non-binary (now thinks non binary is a subgroup or trans)
This is a thread for individual members to say a something however short or long about the Gender Critical Support Board. 

Please do not quote this message in your reply.
Hi. I am hoping that I am posting good in the right area. I am looking for a discussion where parents can talk with each other and compare stories and just support each other. About 3 months ago my barely 20 year old son announced he was a girl. Two weeks ago he started estrogen. I am a wreck over this. I had suspected he might be gay because he had never had a girlfriend, but he didn't seem to like guys either. He says he is a lesbian. He now has a girlfriend. I am divorced and don't have much for people to talk about this with and am hoping to find people who think similar to me and have some personal experience to share.
thank you.
(23-Nov-2017, 11:46 PM)M2Cozy1 Wrote: Hi. I am hoping that I am posting good in the right area. I am looking for a discussion where parents can talk with each other and compare stories and just support each other. About 3 months ago my barely 20 year old son announced he was a girl. Two weeks ago he started estrogen. I am a wreck over this. I had suspected he might be gay because he had never had a girlfriend, but he didn't seem to like guys either. He says he is a lesbian. He now has a girlfriend. I am divorced and don't have much for people to talk about this with and am hoping to find people who think similar to me and have some personal experience to share.
thank you.

This board is set up for what parents like you. We tend to be sceptical about the whole "born in the wrong body"  thing, but aren't here to argue about it but are here to support each other and have a space to talk about how we feel. 

This area of the board, the public area, colored blue is open to anyone to read. If you like I can move your post (and this reply) to the members only area of the board. Just reply here and I will sort it out.

Do bear in mind that we cannot control who joins up, so you should take care not to reveal identifying information about yourself.
Feel guilty for hoping this board was updating like a ticker tape.  Thousands and thousands of threads - too many to count - but still happy to read I'm not alone.

Admittedly, after I didn't sleep for a month prying - taking over transportation duties to remove influences - installing keyboard capture software - searching texts every night at 3am - I just went into a funk - a bit of a depression.  Found online the "dismal tide" was high, and there weren't any obvious voices.  Was I wrong?

Sure, it sounds crazy that 90% of the voices are screaming at those of us defining gender as evil.  Telling us we are outdated, yet telling our kids if they don't conform to the very gender norms we are hated for observing, then most likely their "identity is broken" - so they need to hate themselves and their body and mutilate it and take chemicals ASAP.  Why doesn't that sound like insanity anymore??

Seriously, why has HATE become disguised as "acceptance" - and how can we stop it?  How did a 19 year old introvert get convinced overnight that "accepting" herself for what she is - has only one alternative "death" - which apparently is the equivalent of a parent's ignorance and lack of understanding.  Yet, when I explain to her in clear, concise terms I love her "exactly" the way she is and she should celebrate her differences - I'm suddenly categorized - as she has been TAUGHT by this movement all of what is the equivalent of the "apologist tricks" of the un-accepting parent.  There is not a single 'logical', 'factual' argument that can be made...and yes...I found the videos on YouTube she 'started' with...and they are equally confused teens...'teaching' others [not out of hate, but simply out of a need for comradery] exactly what to say...what every parental response means...and very subtle in their revelation that "suicide" is a powerful tool.

...one day I spoke aloud about it to a single friend.  It wasn't easy.  His eyes got moist and he got antsy.  I thought he'd confided in my all his son's issues, but suddenly he felt relieved to tell me about a "3 months of shear Hell" where his introverted, socially awkward son - found the SAME influence very suddenly and quickly and it moved fast - but they got him here and there and moved quickly.  My friend calls the stress of it like "sitting with your back to something horrible, hoping it will disappear back into the darkness and not kill you" and I completely understand.   I also learned during that conversation it's a "dismal tide", parents afraid, scared to get kids in the 'wrong' counseling situation, in the wrong group, so afraid of tripping into the wrong influence...THARN.

What is happening.  It's a question and a statement.
You are not alone. There's both good and bad in that statement. This whole thing blindsides us.  I used to hear the word transgender and think - "oh, that must be difficult for those people."
Now, I see it completely differently.  It is a social contagion - a mental illness that is spreading with "expert" feeding and instruction. Sure, I still make room in my head for the possibility that very few people are continually gender dysphoric all their life and that - as an adult over age 25 - they can choose to transition as a last resort and that is may be what is best for them and I don't hold any ill-will toward them. But that is not what is happening to our kids - not even 19 year-olds who never were gender dysphoric and have other mental health issues - not by a long shot. No, these kids are desperate and finding all the wrong, unhealthy ways to layer-on more problems; find the wrong, self-serving purpose in life; and commit to a life of never fully accepting themselves for who they are - as they are. Bravery is not fighting the reality of your life (especially not when it's going along with hundreds of thousands of other well-funded social justice warriors).  Bravery is accepting your strengths and your limitations and doing your very best with both.

I hope this place helps you and I wish you and your family the very best.
Realitycheck, you hit the nail on the head. Your concise summary speaks for so many of us.
Hello. I am new here. Parent of a 17 year old turning 18. My account hasn't been activated yet but when it does I hope to be able to contribute more.

I hope to find people to talk to here. Thank you.
Hello. I am a mom of a 22 son who just recently said he is a girl. He has now dropped out of college, does not work, has sold most of his stuff including his car, video game paraphernalia and is so very angry at us. He has also stopped communicating with us. He has gotten his own low income insurance and may begin taking HRT but I am not sure. I am looking for understanding and support. I feel so lost.
Hi Worriedmom and MomIam. Welcome to the forum.

I see you've both joined; I believe both your accounts have now been activated. Please join us in the members' area for discussion and support.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.