Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
From the Members
(12-Jul-2020, 05:58 AM)Francesca Wrote: Hello. My son is a young adult and he says he wants to start hormones. He says he has moments where he feels uncomfortable with himself as a man. I would like to be in touch with other parents passing through this, with adult kids who have passed with it. Is this where I post?

Hi Francesca, your account has been activated. You now have access to the members-only area.

I hope you find the forum helpful. Welcome.
Hello. I am looking for support from parents who have a child (young adult) who is detransitioning after having been on hormones and had top surgery. My child is now just realizing that transitioning was not the answer to years of suffering from complex and undiagnosed mental health issues. I am devastated at the pain and suffering my child has endured for so many years, though as a parent I am keeping a brave face and doing everything I can to be strong and to support her. Thank you for this community.
Mother to loving D 21 detransitioning and finding her path in life
Hello, Mia, and welcome. Your account has been activated.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter having to deal with detransition but glad she is moving into acceptance of herself. You may be the first parent of a detransitioner (rather than a desister) that we've had join, although there are many members who prefer to read rather than post, so it is hard to say with any accuracy how many other parents of detransitioners are here.

Regardless, I am certain our members would welcome you and would love to hear your and your daughter's stories, and learn from your experience. Your experiences and your story will be valuable to the board if you feel comfortable sharing them at some point.
(14-Jul-2020, 05:33 AM)Marge Bouvier Simpson Wrote: Hello, Mia, and welcome. Your account has been activated.

I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter having to deal with detransition but glad she is moving into acceptance of herself. You may be the first parent of a detransitioner (rather than a desister) that we've had join, although there are many members who prefer to read rather than post, so it is hard to say with any accuracy how many other parents of detransitioners are here.

Regardless, I am certain our members would welcome you and would love to hear your and your daughter's stories, and learn from your experience. Your experiences and your story will be valuable to the board if you feel comfortable sharing them at some point.

Hello Marge.  Thank you very much for the welcome. I will gladly share my story and answer any questions anyone has on where we’ve been and where I hope we are headed.  I want to do what I can especially if I can help others in any way I can.
Mother to loving D 21 detransitioning and finding her path in life
Hi I am the mom of a 26 year old woman who recently decided she is a trans man. I know this is older, which makes it seem like it could be real for her but this just isn't her. She has completely cut us off. I feel like we have lost her forever and honestly she has been so awful for the last several months that I think our relationship is permanently damaged. We think she will never contact us or speak to us again. How did this happen?
Welcome new members Mia and Annette.

If you feel comfortable doing so, I suggest you tell your stories in the members-only area as you will likely get a more responses there. This part of the forum doesn't get much readership.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.