Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Joining The Support Board
[quote pid='51038' dateline='1632730544']
Hi, new here. I have 15 years old that says she’s a transman. It’s been two years and it’s getting worst. I need support and ideas. Desperately
[/quote]

Hello, and welcome. 

Your account has been activated and you now have access to the memebrs-only area of the forum. I hope you'll join us there for support and ideas. I think you'll find it helpful.

Best wishes.
I have a 12 year old that has decided that she is a trans boy. Need help in the Los Angeles area.
[quote pid='51074' dateline='1632788075']
I have a 12 year old that has decided that she is a trans boy.  Need help in the Los Angeles area.
[/quote]

Hello,

I encourage you to register as a member, so you will have access to our members-only area. Our members don't frequent this public portion of the board too much. To become a member, click on "register" in the black bar at the top of the screen and follow the prompts. All registrations musy be manually activated, which can take a few hours of maybe even a day.

I'm sorry about what your family is dealing with. I hope you'll join the board as a member. I think you'll find it helpful. You are not alone.

Take care.
Hello, I registered and activated my account. I can’t see the members only forum. If someone could help me with that, that would be great. Thanks
Daughter 14; ROGD May 2021
(17-Oct-2021, 05:23 PM)Lighthouse Wrote: Hello, I registered and activated my account. I can’t see the members only forum. If someone could help me with that, that would be great. Thanks

Hello,

Your account has been activated.

Thanks for your patience, as all new accounts must be manually activated by a mod before they gain access to the members-only area.

Welcome.
Hi,

Which state is better for ROGD kids? I don't believe in instant affirmation and would like to buy in some time to address underlying causes. Kindly advise a good place to relocate to, where I can get some support from similar parents as well, if possible. Thank you very much.

Best regards
(22-Oct-2021, 01:40 AM)rathee Wrote: Hi,

Which state is better for ROGD kids? I don't believe in instant affirmation and would like to buy in some time to address underlying causes. Kindly advise a good place to relocate to, where I can get some support from similar parents as well, if possible. Thank you very much.

Best regards

Hello, rathee, and welcome to the board. 

This map might be helpful to you, as it shows states that have passed anti-conversion therapy laws. These laws, which were designed to prevent cruel, abusive, unethical methods used to supposedly "turn" gay people straight, have been applied to kids who self-identify as trans and basically ban talk therapy (though there may be ways therapists can get around that). 

https://www.lgbtmap.org/equality-maps/co...on_therapy

Now that your membership has been activated, I invite you to post your question in the members-only area, where more members are likely to see your post and you are more likely to receive responses.

I'm sorry you're dealing with this but glad you found the forum. Welcome.
Hi, I registered but didn't get an activation email and don't think I can see everything. Thanks!
(25-Oct-2021, 02:00 PM)soconcerned Wrote: Hi, I registered but didn't get an activation email and don't think I can see everything. Thanks!

Hello and welcome, soconcerned.

Thanks for your patience and my apologies for the delay. All memberships must be manually activated by a moderator. Your membership has now been activated. Welcome to the forum.
Hi all. I am glad to have found this board, but I honestly wish I hadn’t had to, and I wish there weren’t so many of you here as well. It is nice to not feel so alone, but I hate that there are others going through this as well. Our 15 year old daughter announced a few months ago that she is trans. We know that is not who she truly is. She has never shown any inclination of this before. We have been reading book after book, and searching high and low for anything that can help us. We did finally find a counselor willing to work with her and take a neutral position and work on anxiety and depression to start with. We definitely need any help we can get. Right now, we are just praying without ceasing

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.