Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
Joining The Support Board
could you please activate my account?
I just joined. I am looking for advise or sucess stories navigating this sudden onset gender disphoria phenomenon we are seeing.  It feels like a "movement".
(28-May-2021, 06:14 PM)Trishthedish Wrote: I just joined. I am looking for advise or sucess stories navigating this sudden onset gender disphoria phenomenon we are seeing.  It feels like a "movement".

Welcome, Trishthedish.

Your account has been activated. I hope you find the forum helpful.
Hi, I have just joined but cannot access members board. Is there anything I need to do?
[quote pid='48262' dateline='1622665213']
Hi, I have just joined but cannot access members board. Is there anything I need to do?
[/quote]

Thanks for your patience and apologies for the wait. As you probably already read in the posts before this one, all accounts must be manually activated by a moderator. Your account has now been activated. Welcome to the forum.
I just joined. Thank you for providing a place where people can actually talk realistically and scientifically about this issue instead of dismissing any questioning of it as bigotry!
(28-May-2021, 06:14 PM)Trishthedish Wrote: I just joined. I am looking for advise or sucess stories navigating this sudden onset gender disphoria phenomenon we are seeing.  It feels like a "movement".
I am in the same boat. I look forward to reading all the posts and picking out advice that I think will work for our family. I want to validate our son's feelings, regardless of what those feelings are and be sure to be respectful, however it goes both ways and we are the parents and I am trying to find that right balance of supporting this exploration, but also letting him know what we believe. The brain is not fully developed until 24/25 and I believe that it's important information for kids to have and to remember. The past two days have been lots of sobbing and back and forth. I don't want to use different pronouns for my son. I just don't want to. And he is saying that it doesn't validate his feelings. My response back is that my feelings aren't being validated either. The arguments are, what if people started calling me "he, him, etc" when I am a she, her? I told him that I don't even want to put labels on my name. Why are labels so important anyways? Even before he told us he was agender, I didn't feel comfortable putting labels to my name and didn't. I hope to teach him that he doesn't need these labels to be who he is and that there is a huge spectrum of identity that falls between male and female. Anybody else have thoughts to add?
Hi everyone. I just joined and I'm looking for the member forum. I have a teen with a SOGD and I'm looking for support.

(26-Jun-2021, 01:59 AM)saram Wrote:
>>I am in the same boat. I look forward to reading all the posts and picking out advice that I think will work for our family. I want to validate our son's feelings, regardless of what those feelings are and be sure to be respectful, however it goes both ways and we are the parents and I am trying to find that right balance of supporting this exploration, but also letting him know what we believe. The brain is not fully developed until 24/25 and I believe that it's important information for kids to have and to remember. The past two days have been lots of sobbing and back and forth. I don't want to use different pronouns for my son. I just don't want to. And he is saying that it doesn't validate his feelings. My response back is that my feelings aren't being validated either. The arguments are, what if people started calling me "he, him, etc" when I am a she, her? I told him that I don't even want to put labels on my name. Why are labels so important anyways? Even before he told us he was agender, I didn't feel comfortable putting labels to my name and didn't. I hope to teach him that he doesn't need these labels to be who he is and that there is a huge spectrum of identity that falls between male and female. Anybody else have thoughts to add?<<<

I'm in the same boat, saram.
Hi, could you activate my account also? I've got a 12 year old who has suddenly decided she's non binary and am looking to discuss it with parents who've been through similar..
(29-Jul-2021, 03:48 AM)worried Wrote: Hi, could you activate my account also? I've got a 12 year old who has suddenly decided she's non binary and am looking to discuss it with parents who've been through similar..

Hi, worried, welcome to the board. Your account has been activated.

I hope you will find the board helpful. You are not alone.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.