Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About the Gender Critical Support Board
[quote pid='31157' dateline='1564774959']
I am new to this forum. I read the article parents trust your gut night gender therapist and I would love to find out what the parent did or how that’s parent supported their child to get their child to realize that it was just a phase.
[/quote]

Hello, guest, and welcome.

Please register as a member and you will have access to our members-only forum, which has much more information than this public portion of the forum. To register, click on the word "register" in the black bar at the top of the page. For your privacy, choose a user name which does not reveal any information about you.

You will also need an email address to register. Your email address will never be shown on the forum, but you may choose to use an anonymous email, if you prefer.

All memberships are manually activated by a moderator, so once you join, it may take a few hours or overnight before your account is activated and you have access to the full forum.

As far as the "listening to your gut" article on 4thwavenow, it has been awhile since I have read that article, so I'm not entirely familiar with the story. In general, the approach taken by most parents on this forum, is rather than immediately affirm the child as trans, to instead work on the child's issues other than their trans identity. Many of our kids are dealing with issues such as depression, anxiety, ADHD, OCD, PTSD, autism/Aspergers, homosexuality, trauma from bullying, sexual assault or a death or divorce in the family. Many of them also seem to be thoroughly influenced and indoctrinated by online communities which glorify mental illness and transgenderism, and have little tolerance for those who do not 100% play by the "rules" of transgender ideology.

We also typically encourage our kids to slow things down as far as transition goes, stay busy, get in touch with the arts and nature, appreciate and use their bodies physically, limit time online, avoid certain online sites, socialize with people face-to-face rather than online, contribute to their home and family life, etc. We love and support our kids in every way possible other than telling them we believe they are the opposite sex, can become the opposite sex, should have been born be the opposite sex, have the wrong body, etc. We acknowledge their feelings of dysphoria but let them know their fantasies of "everything will be great once I transition" are unrealistic. We encourage them to wait until at least age 25 (when the human brain typically has fully matured) before undergoing any permanent body modifications.

We encourage psychotherapy to work on these issues when possible. I say "when possible" because it is extremely difficult to find a therapist who will not immediately affirm the child as trans complete with recommending a new name, new pronouns, and very quickly after social transition, medical transition. Gender therapists are just about guaranteed to put a child on a fast-track to transition, so the general advice is to stay as far away as gender therapists as possible. 

Some of our kids have psychiatrists who use medication to help them with their anxiety, ADHD, OCD, depression and other issues, with varying levels of success.

Time also sometimes helps; some of our kids who suddenly claimed to be trans as teens or tweens have outgrown the desire to be the opposite sex after a few years, with some taking more time than others.

Every case is different and there are many, many variables and levels of success. 

I encourage you to join the forum as what I have written here is very, very abbreviated. There is much, much more information in the members-only area.

Best wishes. Hope to see you "inside."

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.

Messages In This Thread
About the Gender Critical Support Board - by admin - 12-Oct-2017, 09:30 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by natsblog30 - 20-Oct-2017, 12:43 AM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 25-May-2018, 05:43 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 21-Nov-2017, 01:44 AM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 27-Jan-2019, 03:49 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by MelissaB - 03-Jan-2019, 02:39 AM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Kellogmom - 17-Mar-2018, 02:32 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 27-Oct-2018, 09:03 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 11-Dec-2018, 01:54 AM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by MelissaXX - 03-Jan-2019, 02:33 AM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 21-Dec-2018, 04:41 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 03-Jan-2019, 05:14 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by kano - 03-Feb-2019, 08:26 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 28-Feb-2019, 08:08 AM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 13-May-2019, 10:52 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Guest - 02-Aug-2019, 07:42 PM
RE: About the Gender Critical Support Board - by Marge Bouvier Simpson - 02-Aug-2019, 09:59 PM