Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
finding reliable medical practitioners
(15-Jan-2020, 02:34 AM)Marge Bouvier Simpson Wrote: Hello April2Mom and welcome to the forum. Your account has been activated. It is probably a good idea to repost your request in the members-only forum as these older public threads rarely get responses.
I actually did get on today and responded to April2Mom via a PM.
(15-Jan-2020, 02:42 AM)TXmom Wrote:
(15-Jan-2020, 02:34 AM)Marge Bouvier Simpson Wrote: Hello April2Mom and welcome to the forum. Your account has been activated. It is probably a good idea to repost your request in the members-only forum as these older public threads rarely get responses.
I actually did get on today and responded to April2Mom via a PM.
You are a true gem, TXmom! Thank you so much! I really appreciate you getting back with her.
My son came out as transgender a year ago. Since then he has made repeated reports of feeling like self harming. He is seeing a gender affirming therapist and just getting worse. Would anyone have a recommendation for a therapist in the Boston Massachusetts area? Thank you.
(14-Aug-2018, 01:44 AM)MAMANYC Wrote:
(13-Aug-2018, 07:23 PM)mom1211 Wrote:
(13-Aug-2018, 12:10 PM)MAMANYC Wrote: Any referrals in NYC? my 12 year old just told us she wants to a be a boy.  Growing up she was always interested in boys and girls things (toys etc). Lately she keeps her hair short and wears t shirts and jeans or long shorts.  She goes to an all girls school and a girl in her class  (of 50 kids) just became FTM.  She herself still likes american girl, etc.  All of a sudden she tells me she wants to be  a boy. The only kind of weird thing is she is very creative and draws her own graphic novels but mainly a male character.  Recenltly she was complaining though to DH that there is only ONE female ninja in lego ninjago.
She was an easy toddler but is easily distracted in school. She does not meet criteria for ADHD but is close (we had her evaluated 3 years ago)/ . Also, she is a little immature for age/ her class.  She has always been self conscious about showing skin and is terrified of going out without sunblock!
I really believe she is a girl.  I dont want a therapist who will try to help her transition.

I believe Sasha Ayad has a recommendation in NYC. You can contact her here for a list she keeps of recommended therapists: https://inspiredteentherapy.com/thanks/

thank you!!!!

I am new here and just searched this thread for recommendations near NYC. Did you find someone for therapy? How did theu work out for your child? Looking for my 15 year old with new onset gender dysphoria.
Is there a database around? I need a therapist in Eugene Oregon asap. I cant make a new thread? Im not very computer literate and this site is hard for me to navigate. I dont think anyone will even see this and even if someone replies how am I gonna know? Sorry I am unbelievably frustrated right now, as I am literally getting turned away by CRISIS centers because I refuse to accept trans women as men ect...
(20-Feb-2020, 11:36 PM)FlyingNone Wrote: Is there a database around? I need a therapist in Eugene Oregon asap. I cant make a new thread? Im not very computer literate and this site is hard for me to navigate. I dont think anyone will even see this and even if someone replies how am I gonna know? Sorry I am unbelievably frustrated right now, as I am literally getting turned away by CRISIS centers because I refuse to accept trans women as men ect...

Hello FlyingNone,

So sorry for your frustration with the site. The way this forum works is that all memberships must be manually activated by a moderator before the member has access to the members-only area of the forum. Before activation, you only have access to the public board. Sometimes there can be a bit of a wait for activation. 

But, the good news is your membership is now activated. You'll find lots of support and advice here, especially in the members-only area. Welcome. I hope you'll find the site helpful.
I am looking for a therapist for my teen girl who has socially transitioned FTM.  I know there are underlying issues with her body that she is trying to escape and she is currently in a protective bubble in a school with a community of other ftm. I am in the New England area. Anyone have any luck in finding a traditional therapist in this area? Thanks!
If you want to find a competent therapist for an adolescent in New England, you will almost assuredly have to pay. The therapists who will accept your insurance are more tightly bound by institutional rules - which have been captured by the trans cult - and in general less skilled. I would ask you where you are, because I might have some recommendations, but this is the public side of this forum and nobody should be divulging any potentially identifying information here.
Father to gifted 17 y/o Aspie, fully desisted from ROGD and recovered from depression.
Could someone DM me any therapist resources in north Chicago suburbs?
Can anyone recommend any good therapists/ counsellors in the Brighton/London/South East area of the UK please. After lockdown and intense internet use my daughter has ROGD. She is demanding binders, hormones etc and I just want to find a good therapist that won’t go down that road. She has other issues: links to autism and eating disorders.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.