Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
finding reliable medical practitioners
We are looking for a therapist in the NY/CT area who can help our child. Thanks!
Same story as everyone else. Socially reserved 15 year old daughter suddenly comes to me claiming to be trans. No prior behavior.

Looking for a referral in Southeastern CT or Southern RI area. Thanks!
CTparents and Rangie. Do not go near Yale. Our pediatrician referred us to them (she knew my daughter for years) for a consult and after one appt they recommended hormone therapy to a 15yo. Refused to discuss her medical background, childhood trauma, co-existing conditions eg ADHD,, talk to her psychiatrist, etc. If you find someone - I’d be interested, too!
Looking for a therapist in the Chicago area. Any resources would be appreciated!
[quote pid='23844' dateline='1549240741']
Looking for a therapist in the Chicago area. Any resources would be appreciated!
[/quote]

Me too. DM me with any leads.
Looking for Therapist in Tampa/Lithia/Valrico FL. Autism knowledge helpful. Also Psychiatrist.
[quote pid='24217' dateline='1550009638']
Looking for Therapist in Tampa/Lithia/Valrico FL. Autism knowledge helpful. Also Psychiatrist.
[/quote]

Hello, guest. 

I urge you to register as a member of the forum and post your therapist request in the members-only area, where you will likely get a better response, as other members will be able to message you privately.

You'll find a lot of advice and support, as well, from like-minded parents in situations similar to yours. You are not alone.

Hope to see you inside. Take care.
Looking for a therapist in the Tampa/Lithia/Valrico/Brandon FL area, 18 year old. Experience with Autism a plus. Also need a Psychiatrist.
Can anyone please recommend a neutral therapist or psychiatrist in the Portland, Oregon area? We're only finding gender therapists and affirming practitioners and 15 is the legal age of consent for medical in Oregon. This is 9 months old for us and previously NO signs of gender issues. We're not phobic, but concerned about this wave of FTM in teens! We need help, badly. We've seen a reputable psychologist who did an evaluation and dx anxiety, depression (both mild), and ADHD. Our teen is also verbally gifted but not so much in writing, so the IQ piece was difficult to ascertain. Verbally it was Mensa range (136). I don't really understand the difference, but I guess there are multiple components that go into IQ. Whether or not it's related I don't know, but it makes it extremely difficult to engage with our teen since they're so verbally gifted. You can't change their mind. Sadly, the psychologist doesn't do therapy and didn't know of anyone in our area who was could really dive into what the issues are. If we rule everything else out and we're left with gender dysphoria only, we'll accept that and be supportive, but we need to know that this isn't something else being mislabeled by this trend and trans affirming therapists.

Can anyone in Oregon help?
(15-Jan-2019, 01:32 AM)cathy2144@mail.com Wrote: Hello,

We are looking for a gender critical therapist in the Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas area.  Anyone have any referrals?

15 year daughter ROGD, current therapists did not want to help, now daughter is 16 years old and  we are back looking for new therapist.  I feel like we lost a year of finding the root cause of any underlying issues.

Concerned Mom

Have you joined this forum yet?  Did you find a therapist?  We too are in the DFW area.  I may have a recommendation, but have to check with our therapist to see if she is taking new patients.  Also, not being openly affirming can be a risk to their practice.  I do believe she is working through all the issues with our 17yo son who announced his "diagnosis" last fall.  We are desperately trying to get things resolved before he is 18 and can get what he wants on his own.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.