Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
About the Gender Critical Support Board
Hi
New today and desperate for some support. I am waiting for my account to be activated.
Hi glorydays, welcome to the board. I'm sorry you're feeling desperate but glad you found the board. Your membership has been activated.
[quote pid='3645' dateline='1511228684']
I am going through the same thing. Exactly. It's as if there is a tutorial somewhere on how to pull this off. I am so sad. I miss the daughter I used to have. I don't enjoy dropping her off at school and seeing the other teens who appear normal. I miss when people called her a mini me. She is going to counseling and starts seeing a psychiatrist soon so I'm hopeful we can figure out the real issue.
[/quote]

I have been going through the same thing for about three years now.  Mine has caused complete havoc in my life.
My 14 year old daughter told my husband last night that she doesn't want to be called by her name, she wants to be called this boy's name because she "hates her female parts." This is after she got caught, for all practical purposes, sexting with an online "friend." And then got caught trying to work around our ban on the website that they met on. She's losing all her computer privileges, possibly her phone, too.

I'm so sick. I gave birth to a girl. I gave her my middle name. This isn't normal.

I took the day off from work so I can go to her therapy with her and dad tonight. She's been seeing a counselor for over a year, because she told us last year that she is "bi" and was feeling suicidal.

Anyway... I'm waiting for the email to verify my account, but I'm sure I'll be back. Where else am I going to go? Who else can I tell?
Daughter, age 14, no longer wants to be female.
Daughter, age 20, believes she is asexual.
Hello all - I'm also anxious to have my account validated - validation email hasn't arrived yet.

**Update** My account has been validated, but I still only have access to the single public forum, with 300+ posts. Is there more than that?

Thank you
(22-Apr-2019, 06:57 PM)DadinWisco Wrote: Hello all - I'm also anxious to have my account validated - validation email hasn't arrived yet.

**Update** My account has been validated, but I still only have access to the single public forum, with 300+ posts.  Is there more than that?

Thank you

Hello and welcome, and thanks for your patience. In addition to email verification, all memberships are manually activated by an admin, and it can sometimes take a bit for this to happen. Your account is now activated and you have access to the members-only forums. My apologies for the wait.
My daughter succumbed to this horrid brainwashing. It started around 2014, when she was 16. She became addicted to being on Tumblr. We tried to restrict her internet use as much as possible. We had NO idea that the transgender theme was so embedded into every corner of the Tumblr forums. She had NEVER voiced issue with being female or disliking her female body. Then one day there was a note on the bathroom counter, instructing us to use the male pronouns. It made absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever. She was still dressing in her pretty, feminine clothes, wearing makeup, jewelry and nail polish. I took her to numerous counselors. She never heard what she wanted to hear (affirmation of being a boy.)

Her closest friend was also doing the whole "I'm a transboy" crap and her parents were COMPLETELY gung ho to support her in that endeavor. That girl's older brother suddenly, at the age of 22 also decided he was trans and has now been taking estrogen for a couple years.

Our daughter left our home shortly after she turned 18 (Feb 2015) and has lived with that messed up family ever since. She didn't graduate from high school. She has yet to get a job. She'll be 23 in October.

Fast forward to December 2018. She was able to walk into Planned Parenthood and get a prescription for injectable Testosterone.

We've managed to keep some contact with her; only because we initiate it, but since the Testosterone we've only seen her 3x. The last time was mid March of this year. Since then she has ignored any text messages where I've asked her if she'd like to go out to eat with us or on a family outing.

The jack-ass parents she's been living with have had no problem with her living there, rent-free. They even put her on their cell-phone plan, when there was absolutely no reason to do so. And I can only surmise that they are paying for the testosterone.

I am a very liberal person, kind-hearted, gentle, forgiving, open-minded and accepting of others.

I have now come to learn I am quite capable of truly hating another human being (those parents and their kids....not my daughter.)
[quote pid='27527' dateline='1557787978']
My daughter succumbed to this horrid brainwashing. It started around 2014, when she was 16. She became addicted to being on Tumblr. We tried to restrict her internet use as much as possible. We had NO idea that the transgender theme was so embedded into every corner of the Tumblr forums. She had NEVER voiced issue with being female or disliking her female body. Then one day there was a note on the bathroom counter, instructing us to use the male pronouns. It made absolutely NO SENSE whatsoever. She was still dressing in her pretty, feminine clothes, wearing makeup, jewelry and nail polish. I took her to numerous counselors. She never heard what she wanted to hear (affirmation of being a boy.)

Her closest friend was also doing the whole "I'm a transboy" crap and her parents were COMPLETELY gung ho to support her in that endeavor. That girl's older brother suddenly, at the age of 22 also decided he was trans and has now been taking estrogen for a couple years.

Our daughter left our home shortly after she turned 18 (Feb 2015) and has lived with that messed up family ever since. She didn't graduate from high school. She has yet to get a job. She'll be 23 in October.

Fast forward to December 2018. She was able to walk into Planned Parenthood and get a prescription for injectable Testosterone.

We've managed to keep some contact with her; only because we initiate it, but since the Testosterone we've only seen her 3x. The last time was mid March of this year. Since then she has ignored any text messages where I've asked her if she'd like to go out to eat with us or on a family outing.

The jack-ass parents she's been living with have had no problem with her living there, rent-free. They even put her on their cell-phone plan, when there was absolutely no reason to do so. And I can only surmise that they are paying for the testosterone.

I am a very liberal person, kind-hearted, gentle, forgiving, open-minded and accepting of others.

I have now come to learn I am quite capable of truly hating another human being (those parents and their kids....not my daughter.)
[/quote]

Hi there. I'm sorry to hear about your family's troubles. Your daughter's story sounds so much like so many of ours, ie., tumblr addiction, being "validated" and even celebrated by people with good intentions and zero awareness of the harm, getting testosterone all too quickly from Planned Parenthood, of course with no psych counseling first and with any signs of psych or medical problems ignored.

If you haven't already, I hope you'll sign up to join the board as a member rather than a guest. In the members-only area of this forum, you'll find lots of support from other parents like you who are in similar situations.
(31-Dec-2017, 04:17 AM)DangerFox Wrote: I’m very glad I found this place.

My daughter first brought up wanting to be male the first day of summer after 7th grade…so…2015. She had never expressed anything like this in her short 12 years. In fact, she hadn’t really said much about anything ever; and out of the blue, she sends her father and me a text saying that she’s felt this way for a “long time” and she didn’t want us to talk to her about it. Uhhh…Nope. Not gonna happen.

So, I countered with “it is unfair to drop this on us when you haven’t spoken to us about ANYTHING for 2 years.” So we took a step back and she started therapy.

Tonight I brought it up again because things kinda got back to a “normal” life and I was scared of the answer…well, she says she identifies as male, her friends call her by her preferred name, but she doesn’t want to do surgery or testosterone while she’s in high school. She does want to change her name before graduation.

This isn’t about me, of course. If she’s really transgender, then fine. I love my kid no matter what.

But I don’t think she’s trans and I can’t figure a way to broach my skepticism with her.

I told her tonight, “I just want you to do well in school so you can get out of this state…and I want you to be happy. That’s it.”

We’ve got a lot of work to do on this journey…and I’m trying to get passed my hurt feelings.

Anyway…I need a community that won’t vilify me for my position with my child.

Thanks for reading.
(02-Jun-2019, 03:21 PM)Ljpjteacher Wrote:
(31-Dec-2017, 04:17 AM)DangerFox Wrote: I’m very glad I found this place.

My daughter first brought up wanting to be male the first day of summer after 7th grade…so…2015. She had never expressed anything like this in her short 12 years. In fact, she hadn’t really said much about anything ever; and out of the blue, she sends her father and me a text saying that she’s felt this way for a “long time” and she didn’t want us to talk to her about it. Uhhh…Nope. Not gonna happen.

So, I countered with “it is unfair to drop this on us when you haven’t spoken to us about ANYTHING for 2 years.” So we took a step back and she started therapy.

Tonight I brought it up again because things kinda got back to a “normal” life and I was scared of the answer…well, she says she identifies as male, her friends call her by her preferred name, but she doesn’t want to do surgery or testosterone while she’s in high school. She does want to change her name before graduation.

This isn’t about me, of course. If she’s really transgender, then fine. I love my kid no matter what.

But I don’t think she’s trans and I can’t figure a way to broach my skepticism with her.

I told her tonight, “I just want you to do well in school so you can get out of this state…and I want you to be happy. That’s it.”

We’ve got a lot of work to do on this journey…and I’m trying to get passed my hurt feelings.

Anyway…I need a community that won’t vilify me for my position with my child.

Thanks for reading.

Hello, lpjteacher. Your account has been activated. Welcome.

Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible.
[-]
Quick Reply

Human Verification
Please tick the checkbox that you see below. This process is used to prevent automated spam bots.