Gender Critical Support Board
Joining The Support Board - Printable Version

+- Gender Critical Support Board (https://gendercriticalresources.com/Support)
+-- Forum: Public (https://gendercriticalresources.com/Support/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Forum: About Gender Critical Support (https://gendercriticalresources.com/Support/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Joining The Support Board (/showthread.php?tid=219)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

RE: Joining The Support Board - mandi6278 - 12-Sep-2022

Yet another mom of a RODG girl who never showed the slightest indication of any sort of gender dysphoria for 11 years, then out of the blue in summer 2021, one day after a shopping trip for vacation where she chose dresses and cool neon eyeliner for vacation, she ordered herself a binder on Amazon, told us she was nonbinary which has now moved to "gay transman?"  I won't re-gender her pronouns when discussing her in this forum.

I look at photos before my child started this nonsense and see a happy kid with ADHD and some anxiety issues, but with a sparkle and a personality based in something other than "being trans."  Over the last year, she's gotten interested in scenecore/emo style of dressing and the only photos of her that I have where she looks happy since this transition mess are when she feels good about being dressed in an awesome emo style outfit, usually based in a dress or a skirt. 

So she's a gay transman who crossdresses?  Doesn't that come full circle back to being a straight girl?

I know there's no magic words to snap her out of this, but I do look forward to having access to what other members may have had success with in getting through to their daughters that not liking body changes in puberty doesn't mean you're a man.

RE: Joining The Support Board - Marge Bouvier Simpson - 13-Sep-2022

(12-Sep-2022, 04:04 PM)mandi6278 Wrote: Yet another mom of a RODG girl who never showed the slightest indication of any sort of gender dysphoria for 11 years, then out of the blue in summer 2021, one day after a shopping trip for vacation where she chose dresses and cool neon eyeliner for vacation, she ordered herself a binder on Amazon, told us she was nonbinary which has now moved to "gay transman?"  I won't re-gender her pronouns when discussing her in this forum.

I look at photos before my child started this nonsense and see a happy kid with ADHD and some anxiety issues, but with a sparkle and a personality based in something other than "being trans."  Over the last year, she's gotten interested in scenecore/emo style of dressing and the only photos of her that I have where she looks happy since this transition mess are when she feels good about being dressed in an awesome emo style outfit, usually based in a dress or a skirt. 

So she's a gay transman who crossdresses?  Doesn't that come full circle back to being a straight girl?

I know there's no magic words to snap her out of this, but I do look forward to having access to what other members may have had success with in getting through to their daughters that not liking body changes in puberty doesn't mean you're a man.

Hello, and welcome to the board.

I'm sorry you're finding yourself in this situation. I hope you find the board helpful. Welcome.

RE: Joining The Support Board - jwinfodesign@gmail.com - 19-Sep-2022

Hello,
I have a daughter wo doesn’t accept her body changes. She doesn’t like her breast growing etc. We went thru phase “I am a dude” howeve she still dresses as a boy but this is ok. I am looking for a therapist for her. We live in Washington State. Any recommendations?

RE: Joining The Support Board - Marge Bouvier Simpson - 19-Sep-2022

(19-Sep-2022, 03:38 PM)jwinfodesign@gmail.com Wrote: Hello,
I have a daughter wo doesn’t accept her body changes. She doesn’t like her breast growing etc. We went thru phase “I am a dude” howeve she still dresses as a boy but this is ok. I am looking for a therapist for her. We live in Washington State. Any recommendations?

Hello, welcome, and my apologies for the delay in membership activation. Your membership is now activated if you would like to post your query in the members-only area where more people will be likely to see it and respond.

Best wishes to you an dyour daughter.

RE: Joining The Support Board - KSmom3 - 10-Oct-2022

Hoping to activate my registration, thanks!

RE: Joining The Support Board - CantBelieveImHere - 12-Oct-2022

Hello,

Step father here, along with my wife reading over my shoulder, of a 10 year old daughter who recently came out to us as “non-binary.” She has an ADHD diagnosis, and we’ve had doctors tell us to “keep a look out for indicators of ODD.” The issues we want her to be going to therapy are a mix of anxiety, potential oppositional-defiance, lying, and self esteem. We love her to death, but needless to say she is a handful. Her previous therapist was great, but she retired when Covid hit because she didn’t believe in the efficacy of remote therapy, and to be honest she had been practicing long enough to be nearing retirement anyway. Since then we have looked for a new therapist for our daughter but everyone is either not taking new patients or is 25 years old with pronouns in their bios and nods to their “gender affirming care.” I just can’t… was hoping for some help in finding a therapist in our area who can help with all the other issues without fostering our daughter’s burgeoning new fad identity.

RE: Joining The Support Board - Marge Bouvier Simpson - 12-Oct-2022

(10-Oct-2022, 01:59 AM)KSmom3 Wrote: Hoping to activate my registration, thanks!

Hi, KSmom3, sorry for the late reply. Hopefully you've found out already that your account was activated a few days ago. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find it helpful.

(12-Oct-2022, 02:04 AM)CantBelieveImHere Wrote: Hello,

Step father here, along with my wife reading over my shoulder, of a 10 year old daughter who recently came out to us as “non-binary.” She has an ADHD diagnosis, and we’ve had doctors tell us to “keep a look out for indicators of ODD.” The issues we want her to be going to therapy are a mix of anxiety, potential oppositional-defiance, lying, and self esteem. We love her to death, but needless to say she is a handful. Her previous therapist was great, but she retired when Covid hit because she didn’t believe in the efficacy of remote therapy, and to be honest she had been practicing long enough to be nearing retirement anyway. Since then we have looked for a new therapist for our daughter but everyone is either not taking new patients or is 25 years old with pronouns in their bios and nods to their “gender affirming care.” I just can’t… was hoping for some help in finding a therapist in our area who can help with all the other issues without fostering our daughter’s burgeoning new fad identity.

Hello, and welcome to the forum. Your account has been activated.

I'm sorry about your daughter's new identity. I hope you are able to find a nonaffirming therapist. I encourge you to post your query in the members-only area, where you're more likely to get a response. 

Welcome, and hang in there. This really is a fad identity in so many cases.

RE: Joining The Support Board - GuardDog22 - 15-Oct-2022

I registered today and my login works. However, I can only see the public forum. Is there something else I need to do to see the other forums?

RE: Joining The Support Board - Marge Bouvier Simpson - 15-Oct-2022

(15-Oct-2022, 01:48 AM)GuardDog22 Wrote: I registered today and my login works. However, I can only see the public forum. Is there something else I need to do to see the other forums?

Hello, GuardDog22,

Your account has been activated. Welcome to the board. I hope you find it helpful.

RE: Joining The Support Board - Guest - 25-Oct-2022

Hi - I'm writing to ask permission to join the discussion board board. Can you please let me know if this is possible? I learned about this board from another parent who also has a daughter experiencing ROGD.